Translate

jueves, 21 de noviembre de 2013

La Tele

Tele is short for television in Spanish which as you can probably guess, means television in English. My host family spends a lot of time watching TV. After school, my host brothers watch The Fairly Oddparents, or Phineas and Ferb, or Wipeout. (All kid stuff...) When my host brothers go to sleep, my host parents watch the news, then some show depending on the day. The problem with the TV shows is that almost all the most popular programs are American TV shows translated into Spanish. It pisses me off because the Spanish voices sound ridiculous and doesn't sound anything similar to the original voice. Watching comedies translated from english to spanish isn't as funny either. I tried watching Big Bang Theory (called Big Bang in Spain) in Spanish and it wasn't funny at all. I understood what they said, but the comedy just doesn't translate well. Same goes with Two and a Half Men. (Dos Hombres y Medio). The other problem with TV, is that all my favorite and most of the popular TV shows start at 10:30 and end at 12:00. It is a little bit too late at night.

Lunes

My host parents watch Isabel, a TV show about Isabel I, the queen of Castilla from 1474 to 1504. I personally don't like this show because I don't follow it and find it boring



Martes

We watch a soap opera Gossip Girl kind of type show called Vive Cantando. I find it cheesy but watch it anyways just to practice my Spanish. 




Miercoles

I like to watch Top Chef España. I don't think it is as dramatic as hell's kitchen and the judge rarely yells at the contestants but they do swear a whole lot. My favorite contestant is Hung Fai, but he is eliminated





Jueves

My favorite show on jueves is Aguila Roja. It was one of the most popular Spanish made TV shows in Spain. If you live in the US or Canada, you should go to www.dramafever.com and watch it with English subtitles. Even though this show is good, it gets kind of cheesy, predictable, and repetitive after 6 seasons. Basically, this TV show is about Gonzalo, a teacher and a disguised hero(ninja) who fights crime and injustice. Kinda like Spiderman.





Viernes

At night, we usually watch some Disney Channel show with the whole family. 

Sabado

Every Saturday night, my host family watches a TV show called Uno de los Nuestros. It is a singing show kind of like American Idol, X Factor, or The Voice. Basically, the contestant performs with a twelve member band, and if the band doesn't like their singing, they can press a button and stop playing their instruments. If more than six members of the band press the button, the contestant is eliminated. It is entertaining at times, but definitely cannot compete with American Idol or the Voice. 





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario